Buyer’s Guide

Owning Your Own Holiday Home

1. Can I live in my holiday home?

No. Tan Rallt is licensed as a holiday park. Your holiday home is designed to be enjoyed as your perfect retreat, not as a permanent residence.

2. Do I own the land?

You own your caravan, but not the land upon which it is sited. You pay the site fees for the right to occupy your pitch for the tenure period.

3. Can I choose the location of my holiday home?

Yes, for new holiday homes depending on the size of the home you choose you are able to choose from the available locations.

4. How often do I have to change my holiday home?

We are now offering from March 2013 a tenure of up to 15 years on a new holiday home. The BH & HPA guideline is 10 years but we feel it is important for you to enjoy your holiday home for as long as you can .The license is drawn up in association with our industry trade body, the British Holiday Home and Parks Association (BH & HPA), in association with the Office of Fair Trading.

5. What are your annual running costs?

Site fees start from only £3,900

Other running costs are:

Gas £129.00 average per year*
Electric £10 meter cards plus annual standing charge of £124.80
Rates £87.40 in total payable in January and June
Insurance 10ft wide £232.75 and 12ft wide £341.25

6. Do you have finance packages available?

We do offer comprehensive finance packages with market leaders Black Horse finance and Barclays partner finance our main funding providers. The interest rates are fixed for the term of the loan and we can extend the finance to 10 years on new holiday homes, making holiday home ownership even more affordable than you think. Details are available on request.

7. Do you offer insurance for Holiday Homes?

Insurance is a key requirement of your license agreement and we offer a comprehensive insurance package through market leaders Towergate Insurance, we believe that they are the number one providers of holiday home insurance and also one of the most competitive. You are welcome to use another company and we will charge a small administration fee to cancel the policy.

8.Is it possible to sub-let my Holiday Home?

We do not allow subletting at Tan Rallt but it is welcome at our sister holiday park –

9. Can my friends and family visit?

Most certainly! For many, being able to invite family and friends to stay is part of the joy of owning a holiday caravan. We are happy to make the arrangements and greet your family and friends onto the park if you are unable to. You may have as many as 12 family member passes.

10. How many months is the park open for?

Tan Rallt Holiday Home Park is open from 1st March to 14th January every year (46 weeks). Meaning you can enjoy your caravan over the Christmas and New Year period if you so wish. Most on park facilities are open from throughout this period.

11. Can I bring pets?

Certainly, as an owner you are welcome to bring your pet with you particularly as the surrounding area is fantastic for dog walking.

12. What happens if I want to sell my holiday home?

You have several options available to you but we feel the most effective is to allow us to market your holiday home for you as part of our private sale procedure. Further details are available on request.

Would you like a brochure?

Download brochure

Take a tour of Tan Rallt

Watch our holiday video

© 2019 Tan Rallt - All rights reserved